Hallowedding: Spooky Pen & Pencil Holder
Create a chilling pen and pencil holder by giving a standard spool a wonderfully classic vintage look.
What You Need
- Black-and-white patterned papers (We used assorted items in the Formality Collection from One Heart...One Mind.)
- 2-x-2-x-2-inch wooden cube
- Charcoal Colorbox Chalk Ink
- Acrylic paints: black and white
- 1-1/2-inch-diameter x 1-3/4-inch-tall wooden spool
- Crafts glue
- Circle punches: 1/4-inch and 1-1/2-inch diameter
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Pen and 14-inch black quill feather
How to Make It
- From assorted patterned papers, cut two 2-x-2-inch squares and one 2-x-8-1/4-inch strip.
- Adhere the squares to the top and bottom of the cube; wrap and adhere the strip around the sides, slightly overlapping the ends.
- Ink all edges.
- Paint the circumference of the spool white and the upper and lower edges of the spool black.
- Cut a 6-inch length of patterned paper the width of the center of your spool.
Note: If your spool has a curved middle, make tiny cuts (about 1/16 inch apart and 1/8 inch long) all along the top and the bottom long edge.
- Wrap and adhere the paper around the center of the spool, slightly overlapping the ends.
- Punch one circle from a medallion-patterned paper.
- Punch a 1/4-inch circle in the center. Ink the edges and adhere the paper to the top of the spool.
- Hot-glue the spool to the top of the cube.
- Glue the feather to the pen and place it in the spool hole.