How to Make It
- For the book front, cover one side of the 7-1/2-x-12-inch cardboard piece with patterned paper; add a 1-1/2-x-12-inch strip of contrasting patterned paper along the left edge.
- Adhere the piece to a 12-x-12-inch piece of gray card stock with the right edges aligned. A 1-1/2-inch margin of gray card stock should extend from the left edge.
- Wrap a 4-x-12-inch piece of black card stock around the binding strip, overlapping the long edges on the wrong side.
- Tape this covered strip to the gray margin.
- For the book back, cover one side of 9-x-12-inch cardboard piece with patterned paper and the other side with light gray card stock.
- Using a crafts knife, make an irregular cut along the right long edges of the book front and the book back.
- Using a computer or an adhesive alphabet, add "GUESTS" to the title label. Tape it to the book front.
- For pages, cut six 9-1/2-x-12-inch pieces of kraft paper. Leaving a 1-1/2-inch margin at the left side, use a computer to print out "Wedding Ghosts Guests" and irregular lines for guests to sign.
- Cross out the word "Ghosts" with a pen. Tear the right edge of each page.
- Use walnut ink and a paintbrush to splatter each page. Let dry.
- Caution: Work over a sink filled with water; keep an old wet dishcloth nearby.
- Using a grill lighter or a lighted candle, burn the cut edges of the front and back covers and the kraft-paper pages.
- Work small sections at a time. The paper will smolder, so use the wet cloth to gently dab the edges as you work.
- When all the edges are burned, gently dab the ends again; watch carefully until all the pieces are completely cool.
- Stack and tape the pages between the book front and back along the left edge, placing the fold of a folded tassel cord in between.
Get instructions for the Hallowedding Pen and Pencil Holder