Create this ornament's whimsical, handmade look -- in just four simple steps.
- Round white glass ornament
- Glass paints in black, purple, green, yellow, and orange
- Needle-nose pliers
- 12-inch-long piece of lead-free solder
- Clear silicone glue
- Ribbon (optional)
1. Download the free pattern. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Gently wash and dry the glass ornament. Avoid touching the areas on the ornament that will be painted.
3. Paint the word "Boo" and the exclamation point in black. Use the pattern (see above for downloading directions) as a guide. Let the paint dry.
4. Add accents, let paint dry. Add the colored accents as shown. Be certain to leave a black border. Let the paint dry.
5. Use needle-nose pliers to curl the ends of the solder. Form one end over the "B" on the ornament and carefully wrap the ornament top with the solder. Glue the solder in place. Let the glue dry. To hang, use the top solder loop or add a ribbon.
Continued on page 3: Frosted Jack-o'-Lantern Ornaments