continue reading below
How to Make It
- Use a crafts knife to cut two 3-inch lengths from the paper-towel tube. With scissors, cut a 5-x-12-inch rectangle from a stack of three or four sheets of tissue paper.
- Center the two tube lengths on one long edge of the layered tissue paper, leaving a 1/4-inch-wide space between the tubes. Secure each section to the edge of the tissue paper with a piece of transparent tape. Roll the tissue paper around the paper-towel tubes and secure with Halloween stickers.
- Twist together two chenille stems. Gather the excess tissue paper at one tube end and secure with the twisted stems. Fill the tube with candy.
- Close the remaining end in the same way. Coil the ends of the chenille stems.
- Cut triangles into the tissue paper ends for a jagged look. Trim the popper with additional Halloween stickers. Use the paint pen to make triple-dot patterns around and between the stickers.