continue reading below
How to Make It
- Protect work surface and clothing. Have an adult cut down the center of the apple. Be sure to cut straight -- a straight cut will make a better print. Press the apple half into a folded paper towel several times to remove excess moisture. (Tip: Look for an apple that has a deep stem, which will help create a more eye-shaped stamp when the apple is cut.)
- Place a sheet of craft foam inside the tote, which helps prevent paint from soaking through to the back of the bag and helps create a better print from the apple, should it have an irregular surface.
- Paint the cut side of the apple with white fabric paint using a foam brush. Press down onto bag and apply firm pressure all around the apple. Remove the apple and touch up any missed spots with the foam brush, especially near the center where the seed pocket is.
- Stamp as many pairs of eyes as desired onto the bag. Let it dry completely and heat-set according to the paint manufacturer's instructions.
- Cut out small circles from the black felt and adhere to the apple prints using fabric glue.