continue reading below
- Vintage-look Halloween graphic
- Acrylic circle to fit in center of star
- Photo spray adhesive
- Purchased 9- or 12-inch star
- Craft glue
- Glitter: black or orange
- Tinsel: black or orange
- Hole punch
- 12-inch piece of 1/4-inch-wide ribbon
- 5 gold jingle bells
- Cut a circle from a Halloween graphic, such as a photo or postcard, the size of the acrylic circle.
- Lightly spray the front of the graphic circle with adhesive. Press the adhesive side onto one side of the acrylic circle.
- Spray the back of the graphic circle with adhesive and center it on the star; press in place.
- Apply craft glue to the front of the star up to the edges of the acrylic circle using a paintbrush.
- Sprinkle glitter on the wet glue. Let the glue dry.
- Tap off the excess glitter. Also, apply glitter to the back of the star if desired.
- Apply glue along the edge of the acrylic circle. Press tinsel into the glue; let dry.
- Punch a hole in the top point of the star. Insert the ribbon through the hole, bring the ribbon ends together, and knot them about 1 inch from the ends.
- Glue a jingle bell on the tips of each star.