Make Furry Spiders to Use as Halloween Decorations
Expand your Halloween decor with these furry spiders, perfect for an eye-catching accessory.
What You'll Need
For two spiders:
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Cut both plastic-foam balls in half using a serrated knife. Lay the flat edges of the heads (cut from the 1-1/2-inch-diameter ball) on a cutting surface. Using a crafts knife, cut out a curved section from each head so the head curve smoothly fits the curve of the body.
- Insert a toothpick halfway into each head, centered on the inside of the neck curve. Push the rest of the toothpick into a body, aligning the flat sides of the plastic-foam balls. Hot-glue each heads to the bodies; let dry.
- Paint the spiders with black acrylic paint; let dry.
- Push the ball-head pins into the front of the heads for the eyes.
- Cut the chenille stems in half. Push one end into the underside edge of each spider body and bend outward for a leg. Drop a bit of glue on each leg where it joins the body. After the glue has dried, bend each leg at the knee and foot, as shown in the photo.
- Cut two 9-inch lengths from the black feather boa for each spider. Glue one length in a spiral on the back and the other length on the tummy of each spider.