Frosted Fallen-Leaves Ornament for Autumn
This simple ornament--made by attaching artificial leaves to a glass ball ornament--is perfect for fall decorating.
What You Need:
- Glass ball ornament
- Artificial fall-color oak leaves
- Thick white crafts glue; glue brush
- Clear mini glass marbles
- Decoupage medium: Liquid Beadz
- 1/4-inch-wide ocher satin ribbon
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Remove the metal cap and hanger from the glass ornament and temporarily set them aside.
- Brush glue onto the underside of an artificial oak leaf and wrap the leaf, glue side down, around the ball. Cup the newly attached leaf in your hand for a minute as the glue begins to set. Repeat the process with another leaf, overlapping portions while allowing the clear glass to remain visible. If necessary, apply more glue under the leaf tips so they lay flat against the glass; let dry overnight.
- Pour about two tablespoons of clear glass mini marbles into the ornament. Replace the cap and hanger on the top of the ball.
- Brush a coat of decoupage medium over the oak leaves; let dry. Embellish the leaves with decorative accents of Liquid Beadz, concentrating on the edges of the leaves, especially around the base of the hanger; let dry.
- Thread an ocher ribbon through the hanger, and tie the ends together in a knot.