What You'll Need
- Thin 9-inch paper plates
- Yellow crafts paint
- Foam brush
- Compass (for drawing circles)
- Orange and white cardstock
- Crafts glue
- Hole punch
- Black ribbon
How to Make It
- Paint yellow around the rim of a paper plate; fully cover at least 3 inches around the edge using the foam brush. Let dry completely.
- Using a compass and scissors, draw and cut a 3-inch-wide white circle and a 6-inch-wide orange circle. (For younger kids, make 3-inch-wide and 6-inch-wide circle templates for them to trace onto the cardstock and then cut out the colored circles.)
- Glue the orange circle to the center of the plate and then the white circle in the center of the orange circle; let dry.
- Once glue is dry, cut the plate in half, cut each half in half, and each quarter in half (so you end up with eight slices from one plate).
- Continue with more plates as needed for length of banner desired.
- Punch a hole at each corner of the candy corn rim (in the yellow portion) and thread a short length of black ribbon into one of the holes from the back and into the hole of another candy corn wedge from the back; knot the ends of the ribbon together. Continue to make a chain of candy corn wedges. Tie longer ribbons to the outside holes of the end wedges to use to hang the garland.