What You'll Need
- Freezer paper
- Scissors or crafts knife
- White T-shirt
- Black fabric paint
- Foam brush
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Download our free ghost face pattern and resize to fit the front of the shirt you will be using. Cut a rectangle of freezer paper to fit the front of the shirt.
- Trace the ghost face pattern onto the freezer paper with the shiny side down. Have an adult cut out the shapes with a crafts knife or scissors to create a stencil; discard the eye and mouth cutouts.
- Have an adult iron freezer paper onto the shirt with the shiny side down, against the fabric. (Use a dry iron setting and place the iron straight down on the cutout, rather than moving the iron around.) Check to make sure there is a good seal around the design.
- Protect work surface and clothing. Place a piece of cardboard inside the shirt so the paint doesn't soak through to the back of the shirt.
- Paint ghost face design onto the shirt using black fabric paint and a foam brush, tapping the paint on, rather than brushing. Allow to dry completely and then heat-set according the paint manufacturer's instructions.
- Tip: You can also trace the eyes and mouth directly onto the shirt and fill with fabric paint.