Easy Halloween Wreath
Combine classic Halloween colors -- black and orange -- with a bit of silver for an easy-to-make wreath to hang on your front door.
0 did it
continue reading below
How to Make It
- In a well-ventilated area, cover your work surface with newspapers. Lay the grapevine wreath on the newspapers and spray-paint one side of the wreath using black gloss paint. Let the paint dry. Turn the wreath over and spray-paint the other side. Let the paint dry.
- Shape several orange and silver chenille stems into coils and spirals as shown in the photograph. Wrap an orange chenille stem around a pencil to make a long spiral. Remove the spiral from the pencil and tuck it into the wreath where desired, securing under the vines. Make six or seven spirals and attach them to the wreath.
- Arrange the coils and spirals on the wreath and secure by wrapping the ends of the stems around the vines on the wreath.
- Cut several 2-inch pieces from black chenille stems. Thread a white pony bead on each stem piece. Twist each beaded stem piece around one of the vines in the wreath. Continue adding beads between the chenille shapes until the desired look is achieved.
- Slip the ribbon under some of the vines where the bow is desired. Tie the ribbon into a bow. Trim the ribbon ends as needed.