Paper drinking cups make creative Halloween treat holders when embellished with glitter and metallic chenille-stem handles.
What You Need:
- Cone-shape paper drinking cups
- Thick white crafts glue
- Glitter in white, orange, gold, purple, and green
- Paper punch
- Metallic chenille stems in silver and gold
For Candy Corn version: 1. Mark cup. Divide the cup into thirds using a pencil. Paint the portion near the rim with glue.
2. Apply glitter. While the glue is wet, sprinkle on gold glitter. Let the glue dry. Paint the center portion of the cup with glue and sprinkle on orange glitter. Let dry. Paint glue on the tip and sprinkle with white glitter. Let dry.
For Swirl version: 3. Apply glitter. Paint the entire cup with glue. Sprinkle purple glitter over the entire surface. Let dry. Draw a swirl with glue on one side of the cup. Sprinkle with green glitter. Let dry.
For both versions: 4. Make handle. To make holes for a handle, punch two holes in the paper cup, opposite each other and just below the rim. Thread a chenille stem through the two holes, forming a handle. Twist the ends to secure in place.
- Use flat-bottomed paper cups and eliminate the handle for a quicker version of the holders.
- Trim the cups with spider, skeleton, and ghost motifs.