Make a Buggy Garnish for Halloween
Learn how to make a buggy garnish to add that special something to Halloween party drinks.
What You'll Need
- Maraschino cherries
- Wooden skewers
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Cut a lime in half lengthwise and scoop out the fruit.
- Using a clean pair of scissors, cut each half into a large oval shape.
- Cut an arc starting at the lower side of the oval, cutting up and around the top, then down to the opposite side. The top of the arc should be about 3/8 inch wide. Repeat, making arcs of various sizes.
- Push two whole cloves into a maraschino cherry for the head.
- Slip the head onto a skewer.
- Push the largest lime arc onto the skewer.
- Alternate cherries and lime arcs until your bug is the desired length, adding the shortest lime arc at the top for mandibles (or antennae).
- Trim the legs to the desired length.