Make a Black Halloween Rose
Delight (or frighten) your Halloween guests with a black rose holding a sweet treat. Here's how.
What You'll Need
- Rose pattern
- 12-inch tree branch
- Black acrylic paint
- Adhesive tape
- Black tissue paper
- Black electrician's tape
- Black card stock or construction paper
- Silver paint pen
How to Make It
- Paint a 12-inch-long tree branch with black acrylic paint; let dry.
- Tape one end of a wrapped candy to the top of the branch.
- Cut a 4-x-24-inch length of black tissue paper.
- For a rose in full-bloom (as shown), also cut a 5-x-24-inch length of black tissue paper.
- Using the 4-inch length, gather and wrap one long edge around the candy, folding down the top long edge (unevenly) as you gather and wrap.
- Secure the bottom with adhesive tape as you wrap.
- For a fuller rose, repeat with the 5-inch length of tissue paper.
- Cover the gathers with black electrician's tape.
- Cut two leaf patterns from black card stock or construction paper.
- Wrap and secure the leaf stem around the branch.
- Write guest's name on a leaf, if desired.