What You'll Need
- Black-and-white photocopy of copyright-free clip art
- Ink-jet transfer paper
- Purchased white cloth napkin (ours has black trim)
- Thin pillowcase or fabric scrap
- Photocopy clip art onto ink-jet transfer paper, sizing the image for the napkin and reversing it so it will face the right direction when applied to the napkin. Trim the paper 1/4 inch from the edges of the image.
- Remove any water from the iron and preheat to the cotton setting. Press the napkin to remove any wrinkles; let cool.
- Place the transfer image facedown on one corner of the napkin. Cover with a thin pillowcase or fabric scrap. Apply pressure with a hot, dry iron for 30 seconds; more time may be needed for a large image. Iron with a continuous straight motion from top to bottom and then side to side, covering the entire area.
- When the fabric is completely cooled, carefully peel away the backing paper.