- Cocoa mat
- Masking tape and newspaper
- Spray paint in orange and black
- Kraft paper
- Spray adhesive
1. Download the free bat pattern. Enlarge to fit on the mat.
2. Cover the center of the cocoa mat with newspaper and secure with masking tape, leaving 2 inches uncovered beyond the tape for the border. Spray-paint the exposed border orange; let dry.
3. Cut out the bat pattern and fold in half down the center of the body. Cut a sheet of kraft paper slightly larger than the mat; fold the paper in half. Trace the pattern onto the paper, aligning the folded edge of the pattern with the folded edge of the paper. Carefully cut on the drawn lines. Unfold the paper carefully; this will become your painting guide for the mat.
4. Use spray adhesive on one side of the kraft paper with the bat cutout. Center the paper on the mat with the adhesive side down, firmly pressing the cut edges onto the mat. Spray-paint the bat shape black, spraying straight down with short strokes and taking care not to spray under the paper; let dry. Remove the kraft paper pattern.