Folded-Wings Bat Halloween Card
Send a spooky greeting via a bat card with glittery wings and a fanged smile. If you're hosting a Halloween party, simply type the details, print onto cardstock, and adhere inside the card.
What You'll Need
- Black cardstock
- Black patterned scrapbooking paper
- Black spray glitter
- White thread
- Hot-glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Two buttons (for eyes)
- Two small star stickers
- Heart die cut
- Happy Halloween sticker
How to Make It
1. Download the free patterns and enlarge to desired size. Trace the bat wings onto black cardstock and cut out. Trace the bat body onto black patterned paper and cut out.
2. Spray both sides of the wing piece with black spray glitter; let dry.
3. Using a needle, poke a hole at the top point of each wing and poke three holes, evenly spaced, along the outside "arches" on the bottom of each wing. String white thread through each bottom wing hole so there is an even length of string coming from the back and the front of the cardstock wing. Bring each thread to the top wing hole and secure with a knot.
4. Stitch the ear lines and fangs onto the bat body with white thread, referring to the photo. Hot-glue two buttons to the face for eyes. Add a small star sticker to the center of each button.
5. Glue heart die cut and "Happy Halloween" sticker to the middle of the bat's body. Center the body onto the wings; glue into place.
6. Score the wings lightly so they fold in over the bat's body.