This elegant red celosia wreath can be created from many dried-flower varieties.
1. If picking flowers for this project, gather them when the blooms are fully developed. Remove leaves. Bundle several flowers together with rubber bands and hang upside down in a cool, dry place. After drying, the flowers can be sprayed with red floral spray paint to enhance the color, if desired. Trim the stems to measure between 4 and 8 inches.
2. Lay wreath form flat on work surface. Begin gluing a layer of dried flowers on the outer ring. Insert small stems into the bottom ring and glue in place. Blooms should extend 2 to 3 inches beyond the form. Continue to glue flowers close to each other around the ring until covered.
3. With the top wire form still visible, begin adding another layer of flowers around the top. The stems should point inward to the center of the form. Finish gluing flowers all the way around the form.
4. Trim off excess stems in the center until neat and even. Remove remnants of glue threads from hot glue. Cut a length of thick gold braid to go around the inside of wreath at least twice. Hot-glue in place to cover the ends of stems.
5. Tie a piece of gold ribbon to back of wreath form for hanging. Complete wreath with a large ribbon bow.
This colorful wreath is glorious in autumn or at Christmastime. Make several to hang in windows throughout the house.