Clarise the Clown
Bright fabrics and rickrack turn an ordinary sweatsuit into circus attire.
What You Need:Turn everday wear into a show- stopping costume.
- Pencil and ruler
- Fusible Web paper
- Assorted bright solid and polka-dot fabric
- Blue sweat suit
- 4x72-inch piece of bright fabric
- 5x72-inch piece of coordinating bright fabric
- 2 yards each of jumbo rickrack in two colors
- 1 yard of 3/8-inch-wide grosgrain ribbon
- Purchased wig
- Hairbands for cuffs
- Face paints
1. Draw 4- and 5-inch-diameter circles onto Web paper. Fuse to assorted bright fabrics. Cut out the fabric pieces and fuse to the sweatshirt and the sweatpants.
2. To make the collar, stitch a narrow hem on two short ends and one long side of each bright fabric rectangle. Topstitch rickrack to each of the long hemmed edges. Layer the narrow strip on top of the wide strip with the right sides facing up. Stitch the raw edges together using a 1/4-inch seam allowance. Press the seam open.
3. Gather along the seam to about 18 inches. Stitch the gathered edge onto the grosgrain ribbon. Tie the collar around the neck.
4. Put on wig. Place hairbands around wrists. Paint face as desired.