2. To install the edging, first dig a narrow trough around the perimeter of the garden. A flat-bladed space works well.
3. To create a stable bed on which the bricks will rest, line the bottom of the trough with gravel or with sand.
4. Lay the bricks on top of the stone, pressing into the stone so that you are fitting the bricks together neatly and evenly.
5. To make a smooth corner on a curved bed, chip off the ends of a brick with a hammer to form an angled edge.
6. With both ends angled, the brick fits neatly into the corner. You may also need to angle the ends of adjoining bricks for a smooth seam.