Preserve autumn leaves and flowers to create a special reminder of the season.
What You Need:The mixture of flower petals, pinecones, autumn leaves, and berries will bring an outdoor fragrance right into your home.
- Flower petals
- Autumn leaves
- Cookie sheet
- Scented oil
- Nonmetal container and utensil
1. Dry your materials. Scatter flower petals, pinecones, autumn leaves, and berries on a cookie sheet. Allow them to dry several days until either brittle or leathery.
2. Add essence. Mix about eight drops of your favorite essential oil (available at bath shops and health food stores) with 2 tablespoons orrisroot (available from pharmacists). Stir in a nonmetal container using a nonmetal utensil.
3. Mix. Toss with 6 to 8 cups of the dried plant material.
4. Age. Put in an airtight nonmetal container for two to three weeks until the material has absorbed the scent.