Easy Children's Vegetable Garden Plan
Enjoy growing healthy produce while spending time with little gardeners with this easy garden plan.
Imagine sitting in your garden tepee and plucking a sun-warmed cherry tomato, then biting down so the sweet juice drips down your chin. Ahhh summer, and you're a kid on vacation. Many joys and many lessons can be found in this jewel of a garden. Once this children's garden is planted, it takes only a few hours a week to keep it looking its best.
Our free Planting Guide for this garden includes a larger version of the illustration, a list of plants for the garden as shown, and complete instructions for installing the garden. (Free, one-time registration allows unlimited access to Planting Guides for all garden plans.)
Garden size: 6 x 6 feet
- 1 pkt. Pumpkin, 'Jack-be-little'. Tall vines with orange mini pumpkins; plant seeds 1 foot apart.
- 1 pkt. Pumpkin, 'Baby Boo'. Tall vines with white mini pumpkins; plant seeds 1 foot apart.
- 1 pkt. Morning glory, 'Heavenly Blue'. Eight-foot vines with large, sky blue single flowers.
- 1 pkt. Sunflower, 'Russian Mammoth' or 'California Greystripe'. Tall plants grow to 8 feet; one 10-inch flower head per plant.
- 1 pkt. Radish, 'Easter Egg'. Sweet red, white, and purple radishes.
- 16 Strawberry, 'Tristar' or 'Ozark Beauty'. Clumping plants with runners.
- 1 Tomato, 'Sungold'. Six-foot vines with long sprays of deep-gold cherry tomatoes.
- 16 Marigolds, Sophia mix. Two-inch orange, red-orange, and yellow double flowers on 8-inch dwarf plants.