A rooftop patio space offers soothing respite.
- Pea gravel is an interesting alternative to hard-surface flooring. It provides a softer floor for feet and offers excellent drainage, too.
- Built-in brick planters create a textural counterpoint to the poured concrete walls.
- In tall spaces such as rooftops, trees are essential for shade and privacy.
- Select sturdy outdoor furniture that can hold up to high winds and other tough weather.
- A soft groundcover shields the ground around the container-planted trees.