Crucial Details for Container Roses
Remember these important tips when caring for container plants.
1. When buying roses, determine their mature size to make sure they'll fit your garden plans.
2. Use pots of miniature roses as decorative accents. They'll take up as much room as a vase of cut flowers but will last for months.
3. Once planted, keep tight spots tidy. You'll avoid disease problems that fester in crowded conditions if you remove every leaf that shows any signs of infection (yellowing, black spots, or a white cast).
4. Deadhead or clip off faded blooms to promote healthy new growth.
5. Prune wayward branches often to keep a compact shape, but strive for an open, vase-shape base. Store a pruning tool nearby for convenience.