Some perennials thrive in constantly moist settings, such as bogs or marshes.
- Marsh Marigold (Caltha palustris)
- Turtlehead (Chelone lyonii)
- Kamchatka Bugbane (Cimicifuga simplex 'White Pearl')
- Mallow (Hibiscus moscheutos)
- Bigleaf Ligularia (L. dentate)
- Cardinal Flower (Lobelia cardinalis)
- Japanese Primrose (Primula japonica)
Some lovely irises like wet conditions:
- Louisiana irises (hybrids and species of Iris foliosa, I. fulva, I. gigantic-caerulea): Flowers in many colors.
- Dorothea K. Williamson: A cultivar with wine-red blossoms; is the hardiest.
- Yellow flag iris (I. pseudacorus): Bright yellow flowers in late spring, arching foliage wands.