Hyacinths for Your Home With little effort or gardening skill, you can have a pot of these perfumed lovelies in every room. The stocky hyacinth is the only bulb other than the amaryllis that looks as good planted singly as it does in a group.
Alone or planted in a group,
hyacinth makes a great choice
- The most popular hyacinth for forcing is H. oreintalis, commonly known as a Dutch hyacinth. Growing 8 to 12 inches tall, the spiky hyacinth is available in a wide variety of colors.
- A good white hyacinth is 'Carnegie.'
- Try any of these blue-hued hyacinths for forcing: 'Dleft Blue,' 'Blue Jacket,' and 'Ostara.'
- Red varieties include the double-flowered 'Hollyhock' and 'Jan Bos.'
- The lovely pink variety 'Anna-Marie' and the orange 'Gypsy Queen' are brilliant indoor bloomers.
Continued on page 2: