Consider using old high school portraits, black-and-white family prints, or candid snapshots of parties to give your sofa table, mantel, or dinner table a "photo finish."
- One 7-inch cast-iron urn
- Ivy plant in 3-inch pot
- Wire cutter
- One spool of 16-gauge wire (available at hardware stores, crafts stores, and home centers)
- Favorite photographs
1. Use a wire cutter to cut six pieces of wire, varying the lengths from 12 to 16 inches.
2. Grip the end of a wire with the wire cutters and curl the wire around the wire cutter three times to create a curlicue to hold a photo.
3. Using pliers, bend the straight end of the wire to double it for additional stability (otherwise the wire will fall over when inserted into the soil).
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all wires. Place the pot of ivy into the urn. Insert each wire into the soil, arranging the wires so the heights vary and wire pieces are fanned out. Insert a photo into each curlicue, and press wire together to firmly hold photo in place.