DIY Marbleized Pots
Deliver big impact on a small budget by marbleizing inexpensive terra-cotta pots into decorative containers for a flowering centerpiece. Follow these simple step-by-step instructions.
What You'll Need
- Well-ventilated space
- Plastic gloves
- Assorted sizes of terra-cotta pots and saucers
- Base coat spray paint -- flat white or a light color preferred
- Large plastic tub that can get messy
- Assortment of blue and green spray paints of choice
- Paint stir sticks
- Cardboard or brown paper for drying
1. Prepare well-ventilated work space and put on gloves.
2. Spray pots and bases with base coat spray paint to thoroughly cover; let dry.
3. Fill tub about halfway with water.
4. Choose a few spray colors and lightly spray surface of water with 2-3 colors in a few spots.
5. Use stir sticks to lightly swirl the paints until they create a marbleized pattern.
6. Pick up dry painted pot and quickly dip into the water and pull out.
7. Place on cardboard or protected paper surface to dry.
8. Continue with additional pots, adding fresh paint and occasionally changing water if doing larger quantities of pots and bases.