- 2 sets of wooden quilter's rings 14 inches in diameter, the stouter the better (1-1/2 inches wide is ideal). You can find these rings at a crafts, sewing, or notions shop.
- Six 4-foot strips of cedar 1/4 inch thick and 5/8 inch wide. These can be cut from bender board or screen molding. (Purchase at lumber store.)
- One 1-inch-diameter dowel or broom handle cut to about 3 inches.
- 1 hanger bolt (a double-ended lag screw) 3/16 x 1-1/2 inches. (Purchase at a hardware or lumber store.)
- 12 sets of brass bolts with nuts, size #8 by 1 inch. (Buy at a hardware or lumber store.)
- 2 (or 3 or 4) wood curtain rod rings. Standard size accommodates 1-3/4-inch pole. (Buy at a drapery shop.)
- 1 decorative finial. (Buy at lumber or specialty shop.)
- A 14- to 16-inch pot, soil, and plants.
Continued on page 2: Making the Trellis