One cup of chocolate chips should be enough to make four to six place card holders. The chocolate disks can be made up to a week ahead of time. Store them between paper towels in an airtight container.
- Waxed paper
- Resealable plastic food bag
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Large strawberries
- Small plates
- Place cards
1. Make a 3-inch circle on a piece of paper. Lay a sheet of waxed paper over the circle.
2. Place 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe measuring or custard cup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until soft enough to stir into a smooth paste, stirring after 1 minute. Chocolate pieces won't seem melted until stirred.
3. Transfer chocolate to a small, heavy plastic bag, and snip a lower corner off the bag. Drizzle a design onto the waxed paper, within the circle pattern. Repeat for as many place settings as you need.
4. Once chocolate designs have hardened, transfer them to plates. Place a large strawberry, leaves and stem-side down, on a work surface, and cut a slit halfway through with a sharp knife. Insert place card in slit, and set strawberry in the center of the chocolate design.
Continued on page 3: Pressed Leaf Place Card