Pretty Ribbon Wreath
Gather an abundance of ribbon and fabric in autumn hues to make a nature-inspired wreath.
What You'll Need:
- Two 18-inch-diameter wire floral wreath forms
- 1-1/2-inch-wide bias-cut silk ribbon
- Sewing needle
- Heavyweight thread
- 3 yards of sheer wire-edge ribbon
- Crafts wire
- 100 yards of 3/4-inch to 1 1/2-inch ribbon or bias-cut fabric strips
- Copper leaf-shape cookie cutter
- Wrap one wire wreath form with bias-cut ribbon. Secure ribbon ends together with needle and thread.
- Make a large bow with wire-edge ribbon. Secure bow with crafts wire and set aside.
- Cut remaining ribbon and fabric into 9-inch lengths, cutting diagonally to add dimension.
- Attach 9-inch ribbons randomly to the unwrapped wire wreath form using an overhand loop and filling spaces to create fullness.
- Place the covered wreath forms back to back. Using a needle and two strands of heavyweight thread, sew the wreath forms together.
- Attach bow, cookie cutter, and hanging loop with crafts wire.