Fall Hanging Arrangement
Try this same idea in a larger container to hang on a door or over a mantel. Don't miss our how-to video for more tips.
Upload your photo here.
Check out your local craft store for the dried materials needed to make this woodsy, autumnal arrangement. Look for a nice variety of color and shape such as a few spiky stems, airy filler, berries, taller grasses, and larger items like the round balls and golden flowers we used.
Cut any long stems to a workable length and cut apart any multiple stems you're using. Arrange the bouquet in your hands before cutting it to length and placing it in a tin container. Finish by adding more color or shape where needed, then hang on a door handle to greet guests this fall.
- Fill your container with dried flowers, grasses, wheat, or assorted greens, using the tallest stems in the back and the shortest in the front to build the arrangement.
- Simply set the flowers into the container. Or secure them into a block of floral foam or into sand.
- Allow heavier pods to hang over the edge of container.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of colorful fall berries or bittersweet.
- Note: If desired, create the arrangement in your hand and wire the stems together. Cut stems to length and insert into the container.