Find a list of materials and how-tos below.
- Medium-size pumpkin
- 6-inch pillar candle
- Sprigs of bittersweet, preserved leaves, vines, or artificial berries
- Sharp knife
- Snap or cut the stem off the top of the pumpkin. Placing the bottom end of the pillar candle on the top of the pumpkin, tightly trace the perimeter of the candle's bottom with a marker.
- Using a sharp knife, cut vertically just inside the traced outline. The cut portion can then be discarded.
- Wedge the candle securely inside. If you've cut the hole a bit too large, simply place a can or other object inside the pumpkin as a base for the candle. If necessary, keep the candle from tipping by wedging one end of a vine in between the candle and the cut edge.
- Tuck in a few leaves and sprigs of vine around the base of the candle.