Floral Painted Floorcloth
For a budget-friendly floor covering, make our floral-motif floorcloth. Use inexpensive paint in a color scheme of your choice to transform the look of a room.
- Primed canvas floorcloth
- Canvas drop cloth larger than floorcloth
- Painter's tape
- Paint roller with extension handle
- Orange, yellow, and blue paint
- Polyurethane finish
continue reading below
- Lay the primed canvas floorcloth on top of the drop cloth; tape corners to keep the floorcloth flat.
- Measure 8 inches from the edge all around the floorcloth. Mask off the border with painter's tape, making sure the tape is securely attached to the floorcloth to prevent paint seepage.
- Use a roller brush with an extension handle to apply orange paint inside the taped border. Let dry 6-8 hours; remove the tape.
- Cover the painted area with paper and tape the edges so only the unpainted border is showing.
- Paint the border yellow; let dry 6-8 hours. Remove the paper and tape.
- Pencil a stenciled or freehand design in the center area, and then fill in the shapes with a paintbrush. Let dry 8 hours.
- Apply a coat of polyurethane and allow it to dry 8 hours before using the finished floorcloth.