Give your floors a new look with a pretty pattern using our free stencil. Or use the stencil to dress up other surfaces in your home.
Add a little pattern to your home with this stencil from Tracy Abanin of fleamarkettrixie.com. She stenciled the pattern on the whitewashed floors of her kitchen, but you can use the stencil for walls, accessories, and more.
What You Need:
Acetate for stencil
Foam dauber or brush
Paint (Note: be sure to use a paint appropriate for your surface.)
1. Download and print the free template. Enlarge to desired size. (The pattern painted on the floor here is a 200% enlargement of the dimension of the template.)
2. Trace the pattern onto stencil acetate, including the dotted lines.
3. Carefully cut out the pattern on the solid lines only with a crafts knife on a self-healing mat.
4. Decide where on your surface you want to start the pattern and tape the stencil into place with painter's tape. (Or use stencil adhesive, depending on the type of surface you are painting on.) You may wish to plan out your pattern before you start stenciling.
5. Using the foam dauber, fill in the diamond shapes and circles with paint in desired colors. (You can also paint all of the diamonds first and then go back and add the circles.)
6. Align the traced guidelines on your stencil over the diamonds you painted to help determine where to paint the next set of diamonds.
7. Repeat the process until your surface is covered.