DIY Verdigris Paint Project
Give metal pieces an aged look in a few hours with this do-it-yourself verdigris paint technique.
How to Make It:
- Place the project on newspaper to protect your work surface. Make sure the piece is free of rust and oil. Apply primer to seal the surface.
- Spray the entire piece with one coat of Blue Ocean Breeze paint. First complete one side, let dry, then spray the other side, let dry.
- Spray the piece with a light mist of water. Wearing rubber gloves, spray Light Anodized Bronze paint into a plastic tub to form a puddle of paint. Dip a sponge into the paint and wipe lightly and evenly over the project; let dry.
- Repeat Step 3 using Copper Brilliance; let dry.
- To protect your finished project, spray several light coats of Krylon Crystal Clear or, if the project will be used outdoors or near a window, Krylon UV-Resistant Clear; let dry.