Want your wicker furniture to match your lawn flamingos? You'll no doubt have a hard time finding pink pieces in the store, but you can create your own. Wicker furniture isn't difficult to paint pink -- or white, green, or any color you desire. You just need a few supplies and a bit of patience. This project is messy, so do it outdoors when the weather forecast is for a day or two of warm temperatures, calm winds, and no rain.What You Need:
- Drop cloth
- Liquid deglosser
- Outdoor acrylic paint in a spray can
1. Lay the drop cloth down in the area where you're going to work. Be sure you're away from the house or other structures; spray paint can drift, even on a calm day.
2. Clean the wicker furniture with a sponge and soapy water. Then use the deglosser, following the manufacturer's instructions. This prep work is important to ensure that the paint will adhere well to the surfaces. Allow the furniture to dry completely. If the furniture requires extensive cleaning, allow it to dry overnight.
3. Spray all the surfaces with the paint. Use gentle sweeping motions to get good coverage without causing drips. And be sure to spray from different angles to ensure all exposed surfaces of the wicker are painted.
4. Allow to dry at least one hour. If the color is uneven or just not bright enough, apply a second coat of paint.