Make a Mosaic Mirrored Table
A masterful combination of square mirrored tiles takes this table from bland to bold.
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Sand all surfaces, wipe away dust, and apply primer.
- Use graph paper to design tabletop to scale, planning size of all mirror pieces and position of the blue pieces.
- Plan size and placement of pieces for skirt panels and legs.
- Have pieces cut from 1/4-inch regular and blue mirror.
- Arrange the mirror pieces on the tabletop according to pattern and glue into position; let the glue cure for several hours. Repeat to adhere mirror pieces onto the skirt panels and legs.
- Mix grout with latex additive following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Use a float to smooth the grout into the spaces between the mirrors. Wipe away excess grout with a synthetic (not metal) scrubber.
- If the grout lines are larger than 1/8 inch, an additional application of grout will be needed.
- Seal the grout.
- Paint any exposed wood to match the grout.