Make a DIY Art Deco Style Table
A plain wood table goes from bland to bold.
How to Make It
- Remove the drawer from the nightstand.
- Sand all surfaces of the table and wipe away dust.
- Stain all surfaces of the table, following manufacturer's instructions; let dry.
- Apply polyurethane sealer.
- When polyurethane is completely dry, lightly sand the surfaces where mirror will be applied.
- Have the tabletop cut from 1/4-inch mirror.
- To add visual interest, have the tabletop mirror cut into smaller rectangles and squares leaving 1/32 inch between the pieces.
- Glue the mirror pieces to the tabletop; let cure.
- Use kraft paper to make a template pattern for two opposing sides of leg, stopping 2 inches from the bottom of the leg.
- Use the patterns to have the leg pieces cut from 1/4-inch mirror and glue into place.
- Make template patterns for the remaining sides of the legs, allowing 1/4 inch extra on the long edges to overlap the previously attached leg pieces.
- Have the remaining leg pieces cut, and glue into place.
- Have four skirt panels cut from 1/4-inch mirror and glue into place.