DIY Bookcase Shades
Make bookcase shades to conceal shelves and create a graphic display.
Materials & Tools
- Modular shelf unit
- Cotton canvas or twill
- Sewing machine or needle
- Tension rods
- Decide where you want the canvas covers on the shelves.
- For each shade, cut the canvas to the length and width of the space you wish to cover, leaving room for hems along three sides and a 1-inch rod pocket at the top.
- Hem three sides.
- Sew a rod pocket into the top large enough to fit the tension rod.
- Place the tension rod through the rod pocket.
- Install the tension rod into the desired space.