What You Need:
- Wooden bookcase
- Body putty
- 4 threaded metal flanges
- Four 6-inch-long, 1-1/4-inch-diameter threaded metal pipes
- Remove the back panel from the bookcase. Stabilize the frame with screws, and use body putty to fill damaged areas. Paint the bookcase with primer; let dry.
- Paint all surfaces in the desired color. For more display space, have a home-improvement store cut more boards to fit horizontally in the open sections.
- Secure the shelves with screws, and then turn the case on its side to create four open sections.
- For legs, attach threaded metal flanges to the case with screws. Screw threaded metal pipes into the flanges.