- 14 sheets of 12x12-inch paper
- Crafts glue
- Scissors/crafts knife
- Cutting mat
- Ribbon to hang or adhesive
1. Check out your local crafts store for scrapbook paper varieties. (We like double-sided papers.) Choose three different patterns within a similar color palette. Two identical scrapbook papers make one art "wheel."
2. On a cutting mat, lay out your papers, cutting off the brand end tag with a scissors or crafts knife using a ruler edge to guide you. Make your first 1-inch-wide fold on a sheet. (It doesn't matter on which side you start because the paper should be square.) Fold the paper back and forth, accordion-style.
Editor Tip: Add interest to your display by mixing smaller pinwheels with the larger ones. For tiny wheels, cut your accordion-folded strips in half or smaller.
3. Fold the finished accordion strip in half and glue two sides together. Compress under a pile of old books for about 20 minutes.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 on the same patterned scrapbook paper. Once the glue has dried, pull apart the accordion to make two fans. Glue the two fans together, securing for an hour with clothespins.