Pretty Butterfly Wall Art
Butterflies flock around a shapely wall mirror. Each winged creature was carefully cut out of thinly rolled white polymer clay with a craft knife, shaped so that some are flat while others appear to be in motion, baked, then applied to the wall with double-stick foam rounds (available at crafts stores).
- Computer and printer/photocopier
- Polymer clay
- Rolling pin
- Craft knife
- Ovenproof glass or metal pan
- Double-stick foam rounds (available at crafts stores)
- Download the butterfly pattern, resize it as desired with your photocopier, and cut them out.
- Knead and thinly roll out the polymer clay. Place the templates on the rolled-out clay and lightly trace around them with a craft knife. Carefully cut out the polymer butterflies using a craft knife.
- Shape some butterflies so they appear to be in motion; leave others flat.
- Bake the butterflies on an ovenproof glass or metal surface at 275 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Adhere to the wall with double-stick foam rounds.