Welcome guests to your home with this pretty leaf plate. Special decal paper makes this a delightful do-it-yourself project.
What You'll Need
- Computer, scanner, and ink-jet printer
- Lazertran waterslide decal paper
- Oil-base clear polyurethane
- Small foam brush
continue reading below
- Scan a leaf and print it the size needed for your plate on waterslide decal paper. Print "Welcome" in the font of your choice on decal paper. Let dry for 30 minutes.
- Trim excess paper from printed decals. Soak decals in water for 60 seconds. Carefully position them on the front of the plate, and smooth away any air bubbles. Let decals dry.
- Apply two to three coats of oil-base polyurethane with a foam brush. Use the plate for decorative purposes only.