Feel like royalty wrapped in this beautiful faux-suede throw embellished with a screen-printed crown and delicate black trim.
Designed by Cathie Filian
continue reading below
What you'll need:
- Faux-suede fabric (2 yards of 60-inch wide)
- Lining fabric (2 yards of 60-inch wide)
- Black trim (7-1/2 yards)
- Plaid Simply Screen pattern #98552 Crown
- Plaid Simply Screen paint #98500 New Black
- Scissors, pins, sewing machine, thread
- Following manufacturer's instructions, position the screen in the corner of the faux-suede fabric. Squirt a 1/2-inch-wide line of the black paint across the top of the screen. Drag the paint over the screen using a squeegee. Lift the screen and rinse it off. Allow the paint to dry; heat-set with a hot dry iron.
- Place the lining and faux-suede fabrics with right sides together and sew around the outer edges, leaving an opening for turning. Trim the corners at an angle and turn right side out. Sew the opening closed. Sew the trim around the edge of the throw.