3 Projects to Make Using Towels
Why not use towels as fabric for these easy decorating projects? They're sturdy, come in a rainbow of colors, and best of all, if they get dirty, just toss them in the washer and dryer and use them again.
Upload your photo here.
Bring the plushness of terry from bath to bed with this easy no-sew skirt.
Fringed Pillow Cover
- To make the fringed pillow cover shown here, wrap a fringed hand towel around a small pillow form, overlapping the ends so the fringe shows on top.
- Pin the open edges together but leave the overlapping edges of the towel open.
- Remove pillow form and stitch edges together using needle and thread or sewing machine.
- Slip pillow form back into the pillow cover via the open flap.
What You Need
- Bath towel (1 per cushion)
- Sewing machine and thread
- To make the cushion covers shown in the picture above, center a cushion on a bath towel and fold the towel over the cushion.
- Pin one side, remove the cushion, and pin the other.
- Sew along the pinned lines with a sewing machine, removing pins as you go.
- Trim any excess towel on the outside of the seams and turn the cushion cover inside out.
- Slip cushion into cover, positioning overlap on bottom.