3 Projects to Make Using Towels
Why not use towels as fabric for these easy decorating projects? They're sturdy, come in a rainbow of colors, and best of all, if they get dirty, just toss them in the washer and dryer and use them again.
continue reading below
- Glue ball fringe to the bottom of hand towels, then layer them with bath towels on top of the box spring for a bi-level dust ruffle.
- If you like, tack the towels in place with bedskirt screws.
- When you're ready to change your look, the towels can go back to work in the bathroom.
Fringed Pillow Cover
- To make the fringed pillow cover shown here, wrap a fringed hand towel around a small pillow form, overlapping the ends so the fringe shows on top.
- Pin the open edges together but leave the overlapping edges of the towel open.
- Remove pillow form and stitch edges together using needle and thread or sewing machine.
- Slip pillow form back into the pillow cover via the open flap.
What You Need
- Bath towel (1 per cushion)
- Sewing machine and thread
- To make the cushion covers shown in the picture above, center a cushion on a bath towel and fold the towel over the cushion.
- Pin one side, remove the cushion, and pin the other.
- Sew along the pinned lines with a sewing machine, removing pins as you go.
- Trim any excess towel on the outside of the seams and turn the cushion cover inside out.
- Slip cushion into cover, positioning overlap on bottom.