Put together this cozy place for all your belongings.
The board measures 18 x 24 inches.
You Will Need:Pocket Board
- 18 x 24 inch piece of 3 x 8 inch-thick plywood
- 18 x 24 inch piece of 1/2 inch -thick foam
- 3/4 yard of batting
- Upholstery spray adhesive
- 3/4 yard of Fabric
- Water-soluble marking pen
- 8-5/8 inch-diameter covered buttons
- Needle and coordinating thread
- Staple gun and staples
- 2 large picture-mounting hooks
All measurements include 1/2 inch seam allowances unless otherwise noted.
1. From Fabric D, cut a 22 x 52 inch rectangle. Starting at one 22 inch side and referring to the diagram, below, fold four rows of pockets; press. Topstitch along the bottom of each pocket.
2. With a 2 inch seam allowance, topstitch around all four edges of the fabric. Measure 6 inch from each side seam and mark the lines using a water-soluble marking pen to make a 12-square grid. Topstitch along the lines to create 12 pockets.
3. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to cover eight 5/8 inch-diameter buttons with Fabric D. Sew the buttons at each intersection of the top pocket folds and sewn vertical grid lines.
4. Using upholstery spray adhesive, glue the foam to the plywood. Cut a 22 x 54 inch rectangle from the batting and wrap it around the foam-covered plywood. Staple the fleece to the back of the plywood.
5. Wrap the sewn pocket panel around the fleece-covered board, positioning the outside seams along the edges of the board; staple the wrapped fabric to the back of the board. Hang the board with two large picture mounting hooks.
Little things, like letters, bills, receipts, and notepads, have a tendency to be strewn across a desk. Put everything in its place with this handy pocket board¿twelve easy-to-sew pockets keep everything tidy yet close at hand.