- Cut a strip of felt 9 inches wide and 18 inches long and hand-stitch two parallel lines close together through the center of the strip. Pull on the ends of each thread so felt strip gathers into a ruffle.
- Make a 6-inch-wide ruffle in the same manner. Machine-stitch the 6-inch ruffle in the middle of the larger ruffle.
- Cut two 12-inch squares from felt.
- Machine-stitch the double ruffle in the center of one square.
- Pin a piece of velvet ribbon in the center of the double ruffle.
- Place the squares right sides together and machine-stitch around edges, leaving a small opening along one edge for turning. Make sure you catch the ends of the velvet ribbon in the seams.
- Turn right side out and stuff with fiberfill. Hand-stitch the opening closed.
Measure the pillow form. From one fabric cut a strip 3 inches wide and long enough to equal the sum of the four sides of the pillow plus enough for seams. You may have to piece your strip. Fold in half the long way with the wrong side inside and press. Machine-stitch close to the cut edges, pleating fabric as you sew.
From the remaining fabric, cut two pieces the dimensions of the pillow form plus enough for seams. Layer the two pieces with right sides together. Place the pleated trim on top of the layers with raw edges aligned. Sew through all layers, leaving an opening along one edge, to make the pillow cover. Turn pillow cover right side out through opening. Insert pillow form; stitch opening closed.