Easy Tree Pillow
Use fabric scraps to create this cute tree pillow.
What You Need
- Iron-on adhesive
- Fabric scraps
- Felt scraps
- Larger felt piece for trunk
- Pinking shears
- Pillow cover (purchased or handmade)
- Press cloth
How to Make It:
1. Download and print the free pattern. Cut out shapes.
2. Apply iron-on adhesive to wrong side of fabric scraps, felt scraps, and felt piece for trunk, according to manufacturer's instructions; leave paper backing on.
3. Trace leaf shapes onto fabric scraps and cut out.
4. Cut felt pieces with pinking shears to match leaf shapes, allowing 1/4 inch of the felt to show around the leaf.
5. Peel backing from leaf shapes and press to felt (make sure to leave the paper backing on the felt).
6. Trace the trunk shape on the piece of felt designated for the trunk and cut out with pinking shears.
7. Remove paper backing from the pieces; pin the trunk and leaves to the pillow front in desired arrangement.
8. Using a press cloth and following the adhesive manufacturer's instructions, press leaves and trunk to the pillow front, removing the pins as you press.
Sewing Option: Omit iron-on adhesive. Cut out shapes as directed. Pin fabric leaves to felt leaves. Pin leaves and trunk to pillow front, arranging as desired. Stitch into place, removing pins as you go.