With just a few simple steps, you can make gifts to give with love to all your family members. Photo Blocks, made from home center trim pieces, are an artistic way to show off favorite snapshots.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
-- Photos (Sepia-tone or black-and-white images work well. You can convert many photos to black-and-white or brown tones at do-it-yourself photo centers.)
-- Paper trimmer
-- Wood trim pieces (available in the trim section at home center stores)
-- Acrylic paints in desired colors
-- Spray adhesive
-- Gold highlighting medium
-- Fine sandpaper
-- Tack cloth
1. Trim the photos to fit your wood pieces.
2. Paint each wood piece with one coat of acrylic paint in desired color. Let the paint dry.
3. In a well-ventilated work area, spray the back of the photos with adhesive; mount onto the painted pieces of wood trim.
4. Place a small amount of gold highlighting medium on your finger and rub it onto the wood until the desired highlight is achieved.
5. Use fine sandpaper to sand edges and corners where the photo is attached to give it a subtle worn effect. Sand the raised areas on wood pieces. Wipe off the dust with a tack cloth.